Rakesh Gupta home page
Rakesh Gupta is currently working as a Principal Scientist with the Honda Research Institute USA, Inc. in Mountain View, California. He is working on projects related to Autonomus driving, with a focus on path planning and decision making with densor information. His areas of interest include Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, and Knowledge Discovery. His earlier work has been in areas such as Spoken Dialog. Distributed Knowledge Capture, Localization and Mapping, Geometric Modeling and Computer Vision. Prior to joining Honda, he worked with the Graphics and Modeling group at Schlumberger in Austin, Texas.
He received his Ph.D. from MIT in September 1995. His thesis research was on Multimodal Virtual Environments incorporating visual, haptics with force feedback, and auditory modes. At MIT, he managed the software design and implementation for Officer of the Deck Project for training Navy pilots. Previously, Rakesh did his B. Tech from Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi, India followed by Masters at MIT.
- Adam Vogel, Deepak Ramachandran, Rakesh Gupta, Antoine Raux Improving Hybrid Vehicle Fuel Efficiency Using Inverse Reinforcement Learning, AAAI, Toronto, Canada, July 22-26, 2012. [PDF]
- Yi Ma, Antoine Raux, Deepak Ramachandran, Rakesh Gupta Landmark-Based Location Belief Tracking in a Spoken Dialog System, SIGDIAL, Seoul, South Korea, July 5-6, 2012. [PDF]
- Neville Mehta, Rakesh Gupta, Antoine Raux, Deepak Ramachandran, Stefan Krawczyk Probabilistic Ontology Tress for Belief Tracking in Dialog Systems, SIGDIAL, Tokyo, Japan, September 24-25, 2010. [PDF]
- Deepak Ramachandran, Rakesh Gupta Smoothed Sarsa: Reinforcement Learning for Robot Delivery Tasks, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation , Kobe, Japan, May 12-17, 2009. [PDF]
- Rakesh Gupta, Lev Ratinov. Text Categorization with Knowledge Transfer from Heterogeneous Data Sources , National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), Chicago, July 13-17 2008. [PDF]
- Deepak Ramachandran, Rakesh Gupta Region-based Particle Filters for Long-term Entity tracking on a Mobile Robot, NIPS Workshop on Robotic Challenges for Machine Learning , 2007.
- Rakesh Gupta and Mykel Kochenderfer. Common Sense Data Acquisition for Indoor Mobile Robots, Nineteenth National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-04), July 25-29, 2004, San Jose, California. [PDF]
- J. Diebel, K. Reutersward, S. Thrun, J. Davis, R. Gupta. Simultaneous Localization and Mapping with Active Stereo Vision, IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2004), Sep 27-Oct 1, 2004, Sendai, Japan. [PDF]
- Jason Meltzer, Rakesh Gupta, Ming-Hsuan Yang and Stefano Soatto. Simultaneous Localization and Mapping using Multiple View Feature Descriptors, IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2004), Sep 27-Oct 1, 2004, Sendai, Japan. [PDF]
- Jason Meltzer, Ming-Hsuan Yang, Rakesh Gupta and Stefano Soatto. Multiple View Feature Descriptors from Image Sequences via Kernel Principal Component Analysis, European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), May 11-14, 2004, Prague, Czech Republic. [PDF]
- Rakesh Gupta, Thomas Sheridan and Daniel Whitney, Experiments on using Multimodal Virtual Environments for Design for Assembly Analysis, PRESENCE: Teleoperators and Virtual Environments. Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 318-338, June 1997
- Rakesh Gupta, Daniel Whitney and David Zeltzer, Prototyping and Design for Assembly Analysis using Multimodal Virtual Environments, Computer Aided Design (Special issue on VR in CAD), Vol. 29, No. 8, pp. 585-597, August 1997
- Rakesh Gupta, Survey on Use of Virtual Environments in Design and Manufacturing, Proceedings of the 1996 ASME Design Engineering Technical Conference and Computers in Engineering Conference, August 18-22, Irvine, California.
- Rakesh Gupta and Jayaraman Krishnasamy, Modeling and Simulation of Dynamic and Haptic Interactions in Multimodal Virtual Environments, Proceedings of International conference on Virtual Systems and Multimedia, pp. 161-170, Gifu, Japan, September 18-20, 1995.
- Rakesh Gupta, Prototyping and Design for Assembly Analysis using Multimodal Virtual Environments, PhD Thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, September 1995.
- Rakesh Gupta and Mark Jakiela, Kinematic Simulation and Shape Synthesis via Small Scale Interference Detection, Research in Engineering Design, Vol. 6, pp. 103-123, 1994.
- Rakesh Gupta, V. Sarin and V. Raghavan, Computer Simulation of Martensitic Microstructures, Scripta Metallurgica, Vol. 24, pp. 533-536, 1990.
Honda Research Institute USA, Inc.
425 National Avenue, Suite 300
Mountain View, CA
Access count since June 8, 1996:
Last updated on April 18, 2011