I am a visiting research scientist at Facebook AI working with Jessica Hodgins. I graduated from MIT advised by Cynthia Breazeal. My interests are in understanding the underlying principles behind robotic systems that can communicate with humans. This includes both responding to human nonverbal signals as well as generating those signals as well. I prefer to synthesize commonly understood cognitive processes toward this end.
- [Jan. 2021] Our user study results from the gesture grounding work will be included in the HRI Late-Breaking Reports this year! Looking forward to discussing these challenges with the community.
- [Dec. 2020] Our workshop on applications of nonverbal human-robot interaction (nHRI) was accepted at HRI 2021 this year! Please consider submitting your recent work and coming to discuss non-verbal interactions with us!
- [Nov. 2020] Our special issue is finally out! Thank you to all of the co-editors that helped put this together. It was so inspiring to work with such emotionally intelligent individuals!
- [July 2020] Presented my work on grounding gesture to task semantics for interactive settings at RSS 2020 workshop.
- [Oct. 2019] I’m currently a guest editor for the Special Issue for the Journal of Community Well Being. Please consider submitting your research on the Intersections of Artificial Intelligence and Community Well-Being!
- [Nov. 2019] Transitioned from Samsung Research of America to Facebook AI.
- [Jul.-Nov. 2019] Co-organized AAAI Fall Symposium Series Artificial Intelligence and Human-Robot Interaction for Service Robots in Human Environments (website)
- [Dec. 2018] NeurIPS workshop paper on Minority report detection in refugee-authored journalism using RBMs accepted.