- face - (Poggio research)
- body - (a la poser in 2D)
- control points at important joints on the body
- stick figure representation
- rotator controls to adjust turn of body
- onion skin templates, with lights on contols to guide user
- 2D/2.5D? more complex with higher dimensionality
- build up vocabulary of gestural poses in scrapbook
- infer between different emotional states (via controls).
If emotion is described as pertubations from norm, then by combining pertubations, perhaps we can create more complex gestures.
- on screen motion between body splines to express action not pose on screen
- fade out of emotes (roy...) to make it timely
- small multiple for face emotion change (also body?). only if pertubations from norm.
how do you express "hug" with avatars?